EuroCALL Association offers 3 publication channels:
- Short 1500-word papers published in the Conference Proceedings by Research-Publishing.net
- Longer (3000 to 5000 words) research & development or reflective practice papers for The EUROCALL Review, and
- Full, 8000-word research papers for the journal ReCALL
Each has a different deadline. See more information below.
1. EUROCALL 2017 short papers (proceedings)
Authors of all accepted presentations (papers and posters) can send a short paper of 1600 words in total (including title, abstract, keywords, main text, tables, references, acknowledgements) for publication in the EUROCALL2017 conference proceedings. Appendices, if necessary, will be placed on a separate file and referenced in the manuscript with a link. Note that only the papers/posters presented at the conference will be eligible for publication.
The short papers will be peer-reviewed and edited; a committee of reviewers selected by the editors will review the documents and rate them according to quality and correctness. Should you not hear from the editors (Kate Borthwick, Linda Bradley, and Sylvie Thouësny) after the conference, email Sylvie (email@example.com) as soon as possible as this probably means that the editors do not have your manuscript.
The publication of the short papers is guaranteed before the end of the current year. Because of the short amount of time between paper submission and publication date, there will be hard deadlines, which authors will have to meet if they want their manuscripts considered for publication.
Deadline for submissions: 30th June 2017 EXTENDED 31st July 2017
Instructions for short papers (if you are an accepted author and if you have registered for the conference):
- Download the template: LINK TO TEMPLATE DOCUMENT
- Submit an original contribution not previously published.
- Write no more than 1600 words in total (including title, abstract, keywords, main text, tables, references, acknowledgements).
- Double check your manuscript word count. PLEASE NOTE: when submitted, should your paper exceed 1600 words, your paper will not be eligible for publication in the proceedings).
- Include no more than 4 figures/tables.
- Provide tables (if any) in editable format, not as a screenshot.
- Include permissions to reproduce any copyrighted materials.
- Follow APA style for references (in text and in list).
- Include an acknowledgment section to credit the work of any non-author contributors, and/or funding.
- Meet the editors’ deadlines; failure to do so will result in the rejection of your manuscript.
- Use the Open Conference submission system to upload your MS Word short paper (PDFs will not be accepted) using your submission id and password.
Estimated time frame
- 31-07-2017: Submission of short papers (hard deadline)
- 31-08-2017: First review and notification to authors
- 15-09-2017: Submission of second draft (if required)
- 30-09-2017: Notification of acceptance/refusal to authors (if major changes are required at this stage, the paper will not be considered for publication)
- 30-10-2017: Acceptance of proof copy
- 05-11-2017: E-signature of contributor agreement (authors keep their full copyright)
- 30-11-2017: Estimated publication date
Authors of accepted presentations in the EuroCALL2017 conference may also submit an extended version for peer-reviewed publication in ReCALL or The EUROCALL Review.
2. EUROCALL Review
Articles may also be submitted for publication in The EUROCALL Review, EUROCALL’s biannual online publication. Articles submitted to The EUROCALL Review are blind peer-reviewed by members of the Editorial Board. The following publication types are welcome:
- Projects: reports on on-going or completed CALL or CALL-related R&D projects
- Recommended websites/apps: reports and reviews of examples of good practice in language learning website or app development
- Articles: research, reflective-practice or research & development articles relating to CALL and TELL
Full details about submission to The EUROCALL Review and submission deadlines may be found here.
3. ReCALL Journal
Full-length research articles are invited for ReCALL, the fully-refereed journal published by Cambridge University Press on behalf of EUROCALL. It is issued three times a year in January, May and September and is also available online to subscribers.